Single-digit temperatures were felt across the Miami Valley on Wednesday morning.
Dayton officially reached a low of 5 degrees. This is the earliest Dayton has ever dropped into the single digits. On Nov. 17, 1959 the low was 9 degrees.
The previous earliest record of 5 degree temperatures in the fall was on Nov. 24, 1950. The record has been smashed by 11 days.
In a span of 42 days, the temperature range was 89 degrees. 2019 will now be the year with the quickest drop between 90 degrees and single digits.
The previous record low for Nov. 13 was 13 degrees set back in 1986. The record was busted by 8 degrees.
The good news is we should not break any more records the rest of the week.
- Car crash causes lane closures in Fairborn
- Bloomberg campaign holds gun violence discussion in Dayton
- Club Masque prepares for final night Saturday before closing current location
- Trump lawyers argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- Company recalls beef sold in Ohio due to possible contamination