Get breaking news and weather alerts on your cell phone
How do I sign up? Fill out the form below.
Is there a fee? WDTN.com does not charge for this service.
No purchase necessary. However, message & data rates may apply from your mobile provider. Check with your mobile provider for charges and plans.
When will I get the alerts? You will receive breaking news and severe weather alerts as soon as they are issued. You may receive up to 31 msgs/mo for the Daily Forecast.
Please keep in mind that the total number of alerts you receive will depend on how many alerts you select. Marketing text messages will be delivered to the phone number you provide at opt‐in.
All alert offerings are reoccurring. If you would like to discontinue all text alert subscriptions, text STOP to 36729. Text HELP for help.
If you receive the error message Please log in to update your subscriptions, it means the phone number is already in the system. Please click on "Change your alerts" in the form below.
If you are not receiving texts (alerts or login PIN): or have changed providers, simply text UPDATE to 36729 to resolve issues.
I am still having problems. Who do I contact? Send an email to email@example.com
The All-New WDTN News App
- Navigate easily through local news and information that's important to you
- Stay informed of breaking news with alerts -- alerting for breaking news, severe weather, and traffic. Our Alert Center displays all recent alerts in one location within the app, not just on your phone's notification screen
- View local news videos embedded within stories or at full screen as well as live streaming all newscasts
- More robust weather section with local forecasts, interactive radar, maps, and video
- Stay in-the-know on school, business, religious closings and parking bans
- Help shape local coverage by submitting photos and news tips through ReportIt
- Improved and easy sharing of interesting articles via e-mail, Facebook® and Twitter™
WDTN Storm Team 2 Weather App
- Live interactive radar with tools that let you track the storms around you
- Alerts for severe weather go to your home screen and cue an audio alert
- Lightning alerts help keep you safe letting you know when there is lightning nearby
- The most accurate hour-by-hour forecast for the next day and week ahead
- The latest video forecast from the First Warning Weather team
- Current weather conditions for Dayton, Centerville, Springfield and anywhere in the US
- Customize your forecast by setting up multiple locations to track forecasts, alerts, radar, and more