TROTWOOD, Ohio (WDTN) – The Trotwood-Madison City Schools district distributed bookbags to its students Friday as part of their tornado recovery effort.
Trotwood was heavily affected by the Memorial Day tornado outbreak, including many students in the district. On Friday, all students in every building within the district received a bookbag filled with supplies to help with learning this year.
Bookbag collections and distributions happened all summer, in collaboration with Trotwood city officials and many community supporters.
- Sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint
- ABC 4 News captures police officer armed in protest gear pushing down man with cane
- Mayor Whaley, city officials held briefing on Sunday curfew
- Homeless Florida student to graduate as valedictorian
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 35,513 cases, 2,155 deaths