DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Memorial Day tornado outbreak destroyed dozens of homes in the Old North Dayton community. The neighborhood is still rebuilding but it has come a long way.
Residents say the community continues to come together to help those impacted by the tornadoes, but the pandemic is preventing people from coming together to rebuild.
“We have to make sure everybody’s safe. We’re hoping that we get through this and are able to rebuild places that have seen such great damage,” said Mayor Nan Whaley.
She says affordable housing is a specific challenge as rebuilding continues.
- Clark County finds West Nile Virus in local mosquitoes
- Clark County confirms first case of MIS-C, a syndrome caused by COVID-19 in children
- Oscar-winning movie composer Ennio Morricone dead at 91
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized after Madison Township crash