FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) – The Wright State Raiders men’s basketball team has been picked to finished on top of the Horizon League in the 2019-20 season, the conference announced Tuesday.
The Raiders finished the 2018-19 season with a 21-14 overall record and a 13-5 conference record. Wright State was awarded co-champions in the regular season before losing in the Motor City Madness championship game to the fellow co-champion, Northern Kentucky.
In the first round of the National Invitational Tournament, the Raiders lost to Clemson 75-69.
The rest of the preseason poll tabs Northern Kentucky at No. 2 while UIC, Oakland, and Green Bay round out the top five.
In addition to the poll, two players received preseason honors. Loudon Love was named first team All-Conference and and senior Bill Wampler was selected to the second team.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns