DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Miami Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association and members of the Boy Scouts will plant 1,000 yellow pinwheel flowers to honor caregivers Saturday.
The event will be from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 21 at Levitt Pavilion.
According to a press release, November is National Caregivers Month and National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month.
The organization said there are an estimated 30,000 people in the Miami Valley living with Alzheimer’s.
For more information, visit www.alz.org.
- Community members, officials plead with Ohioans to stay home, reconsider Thanksgiving gatherings
- Melania Trump’s error puts Oregon Christmas tree farm in spotlight
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Miami Valley healthcare leaders ensure hospitals are keeping up with COVID surge