SUGARCREEK TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – A car crashed into the wooded area at the intersection of Wilmington Dayton Road and Conference Road in Sugarcreek Township, killing one passenger and injuring three others.
According to Ohio State Highway Patrol, the accident occurred around 11:45 p.m. on Sunday, April 19, when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign. The vehicle proceeded to hit the guard rail and several trees.
All four people in the vehicle were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. The driver sustained non-life threatening injuries and was brought to the hospital by ambulance.
One passenger was pronounced dead at the scene and the two remaining passengers, including one minor, were airlifted due to serious injuries.
Authorities are currently investigating the crash and have not ruled out alcohol or drug involvement.
- Stein Mart files for bankruptcy amid pandemic turmoil
- Kentucky Derby races on with updated public safety measures in place
- OSU cuts class sizes, will test on-campus students weekly to fight COVID-19
- Media mogul Sumner Redstone dies at 97
- Ohio Secretary of State giving update on state’s election preparedness