FAYETTE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is dead after being hit by a semi while trying to flee from an OVI stop on I-71.
According to the Wilmington Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, troopers stopped Jonathon Richards, 31, of Hamilton, just after 3:20 Saturday morning for speed and lane violations.
Richards was placed under arrest for OVI and an outstanding warrant from the Butler County Sheriff’s Office. During the arrest, police said that Richards pulled away from troopers and ran into southbound traffic where he was struck and killed by a Freightliner Semi.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
- 2 dead in Darke County crash
- Peaceful protest at Huber Heights shopping center
- Dayton VA Medical Center returns to full patient capacity
- Animal Planet star branches out to Gatlinburg to build 8 treehouses
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather across the Miami Valley