FAYETTE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is dead after being hit by a semi while trying to flee from an OVI stop on I-71.
According to the Wilmington Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, troopers stopped Jonathon Richards, 31, of Hamilton, just after 3:20 Saturday morning for speed and lane violations.
Richards was placed under arrest for OVI and an outstanding warrant from the Butler County Sheriff’s Office. During the arrest, police said that Richards pulled away from troopers and ran into southbound traffic where he was struck and killed by a Freightliner Semi.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
- Indiana couple married 67 years receives COVID vaccine after diagnosis forced them apart
- Cleveland Browns battle Kansas City Chiefs in AFC divisional playoff game
- ‘Spectacular’ bright-orange bat species discovered in West Africa
- Dog returns to her Hawaii family after a 12-year journey