COLUMBUS, Ohio (WDTN) — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed bill 189 Wednesday, creating Tyler’s Law, a measure calling for improvement to amusement ride safety protocols, including more inspections and better record keeping.
The move comes after 18-year-old Tyler Jarrell died, and seven others were injured, when the Fire Ball ride broke apart at the 2017 Ohio State Fair.
Tyler had planned to pursue a career with the marines.
An emergency clause in Tyler’s Law will allow the bill to go immediately into effect.
- Driver airlifted after late night crash in Mad River Township
- Beavercreek Police: 2 arrested after robbing pharmacy
- Two-time world champion snowboarder Alex Pullin dies in spearfishing accident
- 2 vehicle crash on West Third Street, occupants condition unknown
- Ramp from I-675 N to I-70 E closed due to accident