(AP) – Ohio State edge rusher Chase Young is headed to the Washington Redskins.
Many scouts and NFL personnel people believed Young was the best overall talent in this draft. With the heavy focus on (obsession with?) finding quarterbacks, Young went second overall behind LSU QB Joe Burrow to Cincinnati.
At 6-foot-5, 264 pounds, Young led the nation in sacks with 16 1-2 and forced fumbles with six last season. The All-American won the prestigious Bednarik and Nagurski awards in 2019, leading the Buckeyes to the Big Ten title.
He joins a team that went 3-13 and allowed 435 points.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Payne Recreation Center to open gym, will resume aerobics classes