DAYTON (WDTN) – Greenville’s Clayton Murphy, who won a Bronze Medal in the 2016 Rio Games, says the Tokyo Olympics delay doesn’t diminish the desire to compete. The USA track athlete is currently in Portland, Oregon training. The 25 year-old former Tri-Village and University of Akron star says he’s pleased that the IOC made its decision sooner rather than later. Murphy says he and some fellow athletes are anticipating a really special and unique Olympic gathering in 2021.
- Nine lawyers allied with Trump ordered to pay $175K in sanctions over sham election lawsuit
- Oxford shooting video ‘bone chilling,’ sheriff says
- Police: Man seriously injured after Harrison Twp. gas station fight
- 5 omicron COVID variant cases confirmed in NY: Hochul
- Hawaii resident with omicron had no travel history, officials say