Kansas is the unanimous No. 1 in a week of upheaval in the AP Top 25.
The Jayhawks received all 64 first-place votes from a media panel in The Associated Press men’s college basketball poll released Monday.
Gonzaga was No. 2, with Dayton, Baylor and San Diego State rounding out the top five. The Aztecs, No. 9 Maryland and No. 18 Iowa were the only teams to hold their place after a week in which nine Top-25 teams lost to unranked opponents.
Kansas remained at No. 1 for the second straight week after beating Oklahoma State and Kansas State.
Dayton has its highest ranking since reaching No. 2 in 1955-56 after stretching its winning streak to 18 games, with victories over George Mason and Davidson last week.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township