Best Murad skin care solutions
When it comes to skin care, you deserve the best. Murad offers top-of-the-line clinical skin care solutions formulated to bridge the gap between health care and skin health. Options include retinol serums, facial cleansers, exfoliants, moisturizers and sunscreens, so there’s something for everyone. As a high-quality brand, Murad focuses on delivering results, regardless of skin type or need.
Background and focus
Murad was founded by Dr. Howard Murad, a board-certified dermatologist and pharmacist, in 1989. The goal was to create medical-grade skin care solutions that are easily accessible and deliver results. With this goal in mind, Murad established four main concepts for overall wellness that its skin care treatments and solutions follow:
- “Eat your water”
- “Awaken your body”
- “Be kind to your mind”
- “Nourish your skin”
The idea behind Murad is, by combining a healthy life with a nourishing, cleansing skin care routine, everyone can improve their overall quality of life and skin.
Murad skin care solutions and treatments
Murad offers a wide range of options to tackle different skin issues. These include:
- Moisturizers: These help the skin retain moisture, repair the skin barrier and protect it from external damage. Some moisturizers also contain antioxidants and a sun protection factor.
- Cleansers: Murad’s cleansers primarily remove dead skin, dirt and oil from the skin. Some can also eliminate minor blemishes and help the skin look more radiant and evenly toned.
- Exfoliators: Similar to cleansers, exfoliators can remove dead skin cells, oil and dirt to leave the skin smooth and glowing. They also unclog pores and even out skin tone.
- Masks: Facial masks can hydrate and purify the skin. They can also remove excess oils and exfoliate the face.
- Sunscreens: Murad has a line of sunscreens with different SPF levels to protect the skin from harsh UV rays. These can also hydrate the skin and prevent excess oil buildup.
- Serums: These are highly concentrated to hydrate skin effectively for long periods.
Murad also offers supplements in the form of capsules. These support skin health by providing essential nutrients and hydration. You can use them in conjunction with other skin care solutions.
Among other things, Murad’s skin care solutions can help:
- Brighten and even out skin tone
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Unclog pores and fight against acne breakouts
- Prevent oil buildup
- Protect the skin barrier
- Hydrate and exfoliate the skin
Murad uses a science-based approach in creating its skin care solutions. The ingredients used are all high-quality and generally considered safe for most people. Common ingredients include:
- Antioxidants (green tea, vitamin C, etc.) protect the skin from external damage.
- Hyaluronic acid helps with skin elasticity and reduces the signs of aging.
- Glycolic acid exfoliates the skin, reduces pores, evens out skin tone and promotes collagen production.
- Glycerin hydrates and softens the skin.
- Natural extracts (such as coconut extract) encourage healthy skin, reduce inflammation and lock in moisture.
Murad does not test its products on animals, nor does it work with facilities that do. Many of its treatments are free from potentially harmful ingredients, including:
Since everyone has a different skin type, what works for one person might not work for another. Some skin types are more sensitive to environmental changes or stress, while others are prone to breakouts or other skin conditions, such as rashes. Common skin types include:
- Normal or balanced
- Combination (oily and dry)
On the official website, Murad has a quiz you can take to create a personalized skin care regimen based on your skin type and primary and secondary concerns.
When it comes to texture, Murad has everything from thick moisturizing creams to lightweight serums. Some skin care solutions disappear almost immediately, while others linger on the skin.
The brand’s skin care solutions come in the following packaging options:
There are also kits or packs designed to tackle specific skin issues, such as dryness or breakouts.
Most Murad treatments and solutions are measured in fluid ounces. They typically range from around 1 to 6 fluid ounces.
8 best Murad skin care products
This antiaging face cream is meant for evening use. It can improve the contours of your skin, reduce the signs of wrinkles and fine lines and hydrate the face, neck and upper chest. It comes in a 1.7-fluid-ounce container.
This exfoliating cleanser helps remove dead skin cells, hydrates the skin and keeps it looking and feeling rejuvenated. Active ingredients include salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid, all of which can revitalize the skin and improve its texture and elasticity. It comes in a 2-ounce container.
With an SPF rating of 30, this face moisturizer keeps the skin looking and feeling youthful while protecting it from sun damage. It provides both UVA and UVB protection to prevent early signs of aging.
Sold by Amazon
This gentle, lightweight gel serum is formulated to clear up acne breakouts and prevent them from occurring at all. It contains glycolic acid that helps smooth rough skin and evens skin tone. It’s ideal for either morning or night use.
Sold by Amazon
This small kit is perfect for trying different moisturizing skin care solutions. It comes with an exfoliating cleanser, a multivitamin infusion oil and a high-quality skin moisturizer. These include essential vitamins and acids to keep the skin healthy while gently exfoliating it.
This serum is formulated with vitamin C and a niacinamide complex, which can reduce the appearance of dark spots within six weeks. It can also leave the skin looking and feeling brighter and more radiant. It’s safe for all skin types.
Sold by Amazon
This moisturizer is the perfect addition to any skin care routine as it’s designed to support collagen production and hydrate the skin. You can use it on the face, neck and upper chest region to lock in moisture all day. It comes in a 1.7-fluid-ounce container.
This kit includes a retinol eye serum, night cream and an all-purpose retinol serum that can help keep skin looking young and healthy. It’s ideal for more mature skin. It’s safe for all skin types but is best for those with dry skin.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Angela Watson writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.