DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Every day remarkable women inspire and lead in the Miami Valley. For the past month, 2 NEWS and WDTN.com have been sharing stories of remarkable women in our community, nominated by viewers for their commitment to helping others in the Miami Valley.
The winner was announced Friday on WDTN’s Living Dayton: Nicole Adkins.
Nicole Adkins has been there for the Dayton area for decades. Adkins runs With God’s Grace and helps those in need even when she has needs herself. Nicole lost her own home in the Memorial Day tornadoes but still made the community her priority by organizing at least three mobile food bank distributions to help those who needed it most.
After weeks of living in someone’s basement, Adkins is now in her new home and continues to stand ready to help.
To read more about Nicole and her mission to help others, click here.
Remarkable Women is part of a nationwide Nexstar Media initiative to honor the influence that women have had on public policy, social progress and the quality of life. In addition to Nicole, there were three other finalists, which you can read about here.
Nicole won a trip to New York City to attend a taping of The Mel Robbins Show with other remarkable women in the nation. The national winner will be named in mid-March.
- Young woman with grandfather in ICU from COVID-19 wants community to be safe on Thanksgiving
- COVID-19 patient at Utah hospital plays violin to thank caregivers while intubated
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments