DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – As the calendar winds down to Election Day, the Montgomery County Board of Elections held its bi-weekly briefing to give an update on early voting and absentee ballots in the county.
Montgomery County Board of Elections Director Jan Kelly said 13,175 people have voted in-person. The county is averaging 1,900 early voters a day.
Kelly said the voting process is going smoothly without issue.
115,019 absentee ballots have been requested so far, and 33,279 have been returned and processed.
Kelly said so many people have applied to poll workers that they are still in the process of reaching out to the people who have applied. Kelly said there should be no issue getting enough poll workers for Election Day.
- ‘I needed to say something before I could move on’: Chrissy Teigen posts heartbreaking essay about pregnancy loss
- Dodgers star and former Dayton Dragon pulled from World Series after testing positive for COVID-19
- Hospitals prepare as hospitalizations rise in the Miami Valley
- Montgomery County reaches settlement agreements with PGO
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man