DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Montgomery County Board of Elections said Tuesday it is moving six voting locations due to concerns over coronavirus.
The Board said in a statement Tuesday, “Out of an abundance of caution concerning the coronavirus, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose has ordered the relocation of polling locations in retirement living or senior care facilities. Our webpage www.montgomery.boe.ohio.gov will have the most up to date information on what locations have changed.”
Currently, the 6 locations in Montgomery County being relocated are:
- 10 Wilmington Place at 10 Wilmington Ave. Dayton 45420 has moved to Southview Children and Family Center at 25 Thorpe Rd. Dayton 45420
- Bethany Lutheran- Village Center at 6443 Bethany Village Dr. has moved to Southminster Presbyterian Church at 7001 Far Hills Ave. Dayton 45459
- Brookhaven Conference Center at 1 Country Lane Brookville 45309 has moved to Golden Gate Park-Lieber Center at 545 Upper Lewisburg Salem Rd. Brookville 45309
- Friendship Village at 5790 Denliger Rd. Trotwood 45426 has moved to Basore Grace Brethren at 5675 Basore Rd. Dayton 45415
- St. Leonard-Franciscan Center at 8200 Provincial Way Centerville 45458 has moved to Sinclair College South-South Campus at 5800 Clyo Road Centerville 45459
- Hoover Place Senior Community Center at 5407 Hoover Place Dayton 45417 has moved to Canaan Baptist Church at 5191 Hoover Ave. Dayton 45417
The County said all registered voters in these affected locations will be mailed a notification as to their new polling location from the Montgomery County Board of Elections. Additionally, signage will be placed at the closed polling locations redirecting voters to their new voting location.
The Board also encouraged voters to take advantage of Ohio’s early voting opportunities. The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the March 17 election is noon on March 14. However, the Board said it is recommended you request it as soon as possible. The Board must have your original signature and they cannot be emailed by law. Completed Absentee ballots must be postmarked by the day before the election in order to be counted, or you can drop it off at the Montgomery County Board of Elections on March 17 from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm.
Information can be found on our website at www.montgomery.boe.ohio.gov or by contacting the office at 937-225-5656.
Other counties in the Miami Valley have also moved polling places.
Clark County is moving one polling place from Fellows Terrace Apartments at 7003 McCrite Avenue in Springfield. The Clark County Board of Elections is meeting Wednesday morning to determine a new location for that polling place.
Darke County moved two locations, one from Brethren Home at 750 Chestnutt Street in Greenville to the Darke County Fairgrounds at the Youth Building. A second polling place, Union City Medical at 622 E. Elm St. in Union City, has been moved to Evangelical United Methodist Church at 117 N. Franklin St. in Union City.
Champaigin and Shelby Counties both told 2 NEWS no changes are necessary.
This is a developing story. 2 NEWS and WDTN.com will keep you updated as soon as additional information is available.