We’re giving viewers the opportunity to have their questions answered by the candidates live on television during the debate.
You can submit your questions in the following ways:
— Tag us with your questions on Twitter or share your questions on our Facebook or Instagram pages. Make sure to use the hashtag #OHGOPSenateDebate
— Submit a video of yourself asking the candidates a question. Email the videos to email@example.com OR share the video to debate-related posts on any of our social media platforms.
- Keep your question to 20 seconds
- Start with your name and what city you live in
Tips on Shooting Your Video:
- Turn your phone sideways (landscape mode) before you start recording (this will make the video more ‘TV’ friendly)
- Make sure you are in a quiet place that is well-lit (so we can hear and see you)
- Double check that your head and shoulders are completely in view of the camera (we want to see your entire face)
- Hold the camera at eye level (or if possible set it on a bookshelf to keep it steady)
- Keep in mind you will be appearing on TV, so please make sure your clothes and background are appropriate
The debate can be viewed on Nexstar stations and their websites across the Buckeye state. Those stations are WDTN 2 News in Dayton, NBC4 in Columbus, WKBN/WYTV in Youngstown, WTRF in Wheeling, West Virginia/Steubenville and right here on FOX 8 News. The debate will also stream on each station’s website.