MIAMI VALLEY, Ohio (WDTN) – The tornado recovery effort continued in the Miami Valley Saturday with a tornado volunteer day.
Volunteers with the Living City Project gathered in Dayton to deliver new furniture and home goods to tornado-impacted families who just moved into new housing.
On Saturday they delivered to 35 different homes.
Kelly Cappoen is the volunteer coordinator for Living City. She says, “Sometimes we run out of inventory and take a while for it to get delivered. Memorial Day was a long time ago. They were without beds. I’ve heard people living in car and tents in their backyard or in the woods so just overwhelmingly thankful for everything they can get.”
In total, Living City volunteers have delivered furniture and goods to 235 homes throughout the Miami Valley. They have 75 more homes already lined up.
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Tuesday briefing: Montgomery County Board of Elections
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- Gifty: New and unusual pandemic-proof games for the holidays