WASHINGTON, DC (WDTN) – U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the details about Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP), which will provide up to $16 billion in direct payments to deliver relief to America’s farmers and ranchers.
In addition to this direct support to farmers and ranchers, USDA’s Farmers to Families Food Box program is partnering with regional and local distributors to purchase $3 billion in fresh produce, dairy and meat.
Beginning May 26, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), through the Farm Service Agency (FSA), will be accepting applications from agricultural producers who have suffered losses.
- Vice President Pence rallies in Cincinnati as the fight for battleground Ohio intensifies
- Miami Valley hospitals have enough beds, PPE to handle rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Oklahoma student describes ‘horrifying’ fake Proud Boys email she received
- Dayton LGBTQ leaders, faith experts react to Pope Francis’ remarks on same-sex civil unions
- EO Burgers closes permanently after moving locations in January