WHEELING, W.Va. (AP) — Authorities in West Virginia say a woman has died after being hit by a truck then dragged under another vehicle for miles.
Wheeling Police Department spokesman Philip Stahl says officers received a report on the initial crash around 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
He says the first driver told police he thought he hit someone, but officers couldn’t find a body. The department then received another call around 15 minutes later about a body being dragged by a separate vehicle on an interstate exit ramp nearly 5 miles away.
The woman has been identified as 54-year-old Michelle Lynn Czoka of Bridgeport, Ohio.
Police are still investigating.
- UD Arena testing site changes hours, testing focus
- DPS summer food program to begin June 8
- Mayor: ‘Racism is a moral affront to the diverse community of Springfield’
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 4, 2020
- Meghan speaks out on racial divisions in US