(CNN) – Whoopi Goldberg just can’t kick her “Sister Act” habit. The 63-year-old is set to return to the convent again as Deloris Van Cartier.
That’s the character she played in the 1992 hit film “Sister Act,” and the much less successful and critically panned sequel the following year.
The franchise remained popular enough to spin off a London musical that was later revised for Broadway.
Now, ten years later, the play is getting a revival in London.
Goldberg will reprise her role for the month-long limited engagement.
The Oscar winning actress will also produce the musical, as she did the first time around.
Goldberg suffered a serious bout with pneumonia earlier this summer that could have been life threatening.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Bouncer discusses life four months after Oregon District shooting
- Police investigating after armed robbery at Dayton Family Dollar
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump