(CNN) – Whoopi Goldberg just can’t kick her “Sister Act” habit. The 63-year-old is set to return to the convent again as Deloris Van Cartier.
That’s the character she played in the 1992 hit film “Sister Act,” and the much less successful and critically panned sequel the following year.
The franchise remained popular enough to spin off a London musical that was later revised for Broadway.
Now, ten years later, the play is getting a revival in London.
Goldberg will reprise her role for the month-long limited engagement.
The Oscar winning actress will also produce the musical, as she did the first time around.
Goldberg suffered a serious bout with pneumonia earlier this summer that could have been life threatening.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township