(NBC) – A manatee trapped with a tire around its body was freed in a Florida state park on Tuesday.
The manatee was spotted with a bicycle tire stuck around its body in Blue Springs State Park, north of Orlando.
A call for help went out to the folks at Sea World.
A crew captured the manatee in a net, freed it from the tire before releasing it back into the water.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Payne Recreation Center to open gym, will resume aerobics classes