(CNN) – The U.S. Department of Agriculture has removed the fictional nation of Wakanda from its list of U.S. trading partners.
This, after someone noticed the nation from the ‘Black Panther’ comics and movie was listed as a Free Trade Agreement partner.
A Twitter user posted that he found it on the agricultural tariff tracker maintained by the USDA Foreign Agricultural Service.
The USDA told news outlets Wakanda was added for testing the tracker and should have been removed after testing was completed.
And the agency tweeted:
“While we removed the Kingdom of Wakanda from our list of U.S. free trade partners, our relationship will always be strong #WakandaForever”
- Ohio teacher unions concerned vaccine used as ‘bargaining chip’ to return to in-person learning
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Miami Valley restaurants react to proposed curfew change
- Challenges documenting the Blizzard of 1978
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter