(CNN) – A Michigan State University football player had his two best friends at his side as he hit a milestone in his collegiate career.
Josh Butler ran onto the field with his two dogs, Remi and Roxy, for Senior Day Saturday.
The Michigan State cornerback made his entrance into Spartan Stadium, receiving one last ovation.
The moment was a highlight for the 23-year-old after a couple of heartbreaking losses.
Butler’s mother, LaDrida Bagley, died in April 2019 of breast cancer.
Her death came two years after his father’s death.
Butler said his dogs and his teammates helped him work through his grief and focus on the good in life.
- Arizona tops states most resistant to wearing masks, study says
- Closest images ever taken of the sun released, reveal ‘campfires’ near surface
- Springfield to distribute bus passes with leftover shuttle money
- Youngstown pastor returns to loving church family after 100 days fighting COVID-19
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M