(CNN) – The doggy paddle got tiring for a pup swimming off the Florida coast Wednesday.
But thanks to a Coast Guard crew from Fort Myers beach, help was on the way.
The crew was training when they received the call about a dog in distress.
It took a little coaxing — but eventually they were able to get close enough to pull the dog on board the boat.
Wet and shivering, the pooch was given some TLC from her rescuers and reunited with her owner on shore.
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say