(CNN) – Before you cook up your favorite chicken dish — listen up. Don’t wash it.
That’s the latest from the USDA, who say you might actually get sick by doing it.
How? Well, a study of home cooks showed washing your poultry ends up affecting the cleanliness of nearby food.
It’s all about cross-contamination.
So to stay safe, the USDA says to prep everything else first– then the chicken.
Then wipe down anything the chicken touched and make sure you cook your chicken to the right temperature.
- CVS Pharmacy to test self-driving delivery vehicle
- Ohio expands coronavirus testing criteria to include any person with symptoms
- Outdoor visitation allowed at assisted living facilities, some intermediate care facilities starting June 8
- Democrats pull surveillance bill after Trump veto threat
- Batman signaled to save world during COVID-19 pandemic