(CNN) – The U.S. is calling on North Korea to avoid provocations, after a suspected launch of two projectiles on Thanksgiving.
A state department official also urged North Korean leaders to resume substantiated nuclear talks.
South Korea said the projectiles were fired from what’s believed to be a multiple rocket launcher that had a “super large caliber.”
It’s still unclear if the suspected launch is a missile test.
But if it was, it would be North Korea’s 13th since May.
The communist nation has conducted missile tests on U.S. holidays before.
But now, North Korea has been frustrated that nuclear talks with the U.S. have stalled.
And Pyongyang has been trying to push the U.S. to come up with a new nuclear proposal by the end of the year.
- No experience needed: Dayton Public Schools hiring bus drivers
- Dayton Metro Library offering ‘Take & Make’ kits to encourage education at home
- Man survives plunge off California cliff after SUV crashes through rail, lands in ocean
- Subaru recalling nearly 875K vehicles over engine, suspension issues
- Columbus Mayor Ginther holds press conference after fatal shooting of Ma’Khia Bryant