(CNN) – Uber reportedly wants to start listening in on customer rides.
The Washington Post reports the ride-sharing giant is going to test the feature in Latin America in December.
The idea of recording audio during rides is to provide better security for Uber customers.
This move comes after several high-profile assault scandals and growing safety concerns.
But implementing the plan in the U.S. will be challenging.
States have different laws regarding voice recordings and privacy.
An internal memo viewed by the post indicates uber plans to test the feature in the U.S. soon.
Uber has not made a comment on the plan yet.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Christmas trees for tornado relief: Holiday fundraiser gives back to Trotwood community
- House to vote on bill lowering prescription drug prices
- Lawmakers at odds over how to lower prescription drug prices
- Judiciary Committee begins deliberations on articles of impeachment
- FAA predicted more deadly MAX jet crashes