(NBC News) President Trump insisted Thursday the economy is “doing really well,” just one day after contradicting himself on the need for a tax cut to help ward off a recession.
Facing questions about gun control, the president once again did an about-face on the need for background checks.
“I have an appetite for background checks. We’re going to be doing background checks,” he said Wednesday, before dialing that statement back on Thursday, saying “We have very, very strong background checks right now.”
Flip-flopping has typically been a problem for politicians, but hasn’t seem to take a huge toll on President Trump’s support among his base.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- AG Barr, lawmakers meet on gun control as Trump weighs options
- Ohio GOP fined $100K for improperly funding voter database
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries