(CNN) – A crop duster dropped 100 gallons of holy water across a Louisiana town.
Photos show the ceremony that was held Sunday afternoon in Cow Island.
The community is 30 miles outside of Lafayette.
The Diocese of Lafayette said parishioners brought the water from their homes and a priest prayed over it before the bottles were loaded onto a plane.
The water was sprayed onto the town and nearby farms.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice