(NBC) – Thousands of Mexicans have paid a visit to one of the world’s largest baby Jesus figures to celebrate the holiday season.
For the last five years, a neighborhood in Mexico City had displayed the world’s largest baby Jesus, only to be outdone by a model made in a neighboring state last year.
With almost 2 million inhabitants, the municipality in Mexico City is already the location for one of the world’s largest Easter reenactments.
The figure was sculpted by a local special effects artist.
Everyone in the family participated in the project and they are now aiming to create an entire nativity scene for next year.
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Middletown shooting suspect taken into custody
- Google to give workers $1K to set up home office
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice