(CNN) – As Elon Musk’s Space-X tried to soar to new heights Wednesday, his car company Tesla announced it would bring its car prices down to earth.
While the Space-X launch is on hold until at least Saturday, Tesla is now offering a $5,000 discount on the Model X.
The Tesla Model X is the vehicle that brought the astronauts to the launch pad at Cape Canaveral. The electric vehicle and clean energy company is also offering discounts on the Model 3 and the Model S, according to the Tesla website. The lowest-priced and most popular Tesla is now starting at $39,000 after a $2,000 discount.
Tesla was one of the few automakers to see sales increases in the first quarter of this year, as well as a profit, during the pandemic.
- Mark Wahlberg donates 1.3M face masks to schools across the country
- GOP senators continue meetings with SCOTUS nominee as Democrats boycott
- Thousands of airline workers face furloughs, lay offs after Congress misses deadline to provide aid
- Greene County lawmakers meet with local business owners to discuss easing COVID restrictions
- Discarded mail contained no Wisconsin ballots, officials say