FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — A 17-year-old girl was arrested Wednesday after authorities say she sneaked into a small plane at an airport in central California and drove it into a chain-link fence.
The teenager breached the fence of Fresno Yosemite International Airport, started up the plane and crashed it into a fence, airport spokeswoman Vikkie Calderon told The Fresno Bee.
Airport officials said officers found the teen in the pilot’s seat, wearing the pilot’s headset.
No one was injured. No passenger planes were in danger, Calderon said.
The teen was arrested on suspicion of theft of an aircraft. She will be booked into the juvenile hall after officers finish questioning her.
The girl’s mother told Fresno news station KFSN-TV that she hadn’t heard from her daughter since Tuesday night.
- One man killed in Clark County crash
- UD joining Premier Health for students-only vaccine clinic as young adult COVID hospitalizations spike
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Coronavirus in Ohio update: 1,855 new cases, 31 hospitalizations
- Louisiana woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account