(NEWS10) – Spotify is cracking down on its family sharing plan.
According to its updated term of use policy, Spotify is now requiring the primary account holder and everyone else on the plan to verify they live at the same address.
In order to use the plan, Spotify says the account holder and members must live at the same address or risk having their account terminated.
Spotify says it uses Google Maps to help users find and set your address. It will periodically prompt you confirm to your address to ensure you’re still meeting the eligibility requirements.
A report by The Verge says Spotify tested a similar measure where it asked users to confirm their exact GPS coordinates. That was ended following privacy concerns.
- US mayors work to find solutions to nationwide issues at National Conference
- Kettering teen named Student of the Year by Miami Valley Crime Stoppers
- Flyers fans excited to see UD on the national stage
- Sen. Brown pressures DOT for bus safety changes
- Republicans say there’s ‘no evidence, no facts’ in Trump impeachment