(CNN) – Even after a particularly rough 2019, Southwest is still sharing the wealth, giving its workers six weeks of extra pay.
The company made the announcement Thursday.
Despite its rough year, the airline managed to crank out a profit and the sharing is part of an annual tradition.
They are giving 60 thousand employees a 667 million profit-sharing bonus.
The result — some eligible employees will soon get a check for just over 12 percent of their annual salary, or about six weeks’ pay.
Others will get the contribution added to their retirement accounts.
Southwest’s profit-sharing plan has been in place for 46 years.
- Peaceful protest planned for Huber Heights shopping center
- Dayton VA Medical Center returns to full patient capacity
- Animal Planet star branches out to Gatlinburg to build 8 treehouses
- PHOTOS: Protesters gather across the Miami Valley
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 38,111 cases, 2,370 deaths reported