(WESH/NBC News) A doorbell security camera captured the moment a Florida woman saved her neighbor’s life.
It began last week when Orlando middle school teacher Billy Bass was eating steak and began to choke.
Bass says he thought it was the end.
“I’m just going to die, because I couldn’t speak, I had no breath. I had nothing going on,” he recalled.
Alone and unable to breathe, he ran next door and rang Karen Aranda’s doorbell.
“He’s always laughing, but when I saw that look in his eyes I knew something was wrong,” Aranda said.
- Texas mom’s wired conversation with teen son helps police charge him in homicide
- Rooster with knife kills owner during banned cockfight
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Police: Middletown mother confesses to killing 6-year-old son, shows little remorse
- School district pulls Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day citing ‘racial undertones’