(WESH/NBC News) A doorbell security camera captured the moment a Florida woman saved her neighbor’s life.
It began last week when Orlando middle school teacher Billy Bass was eating steak and began to choke.
Bass says he thought it was the end.
“I’m just going to die, because I couldn’t speak, I had no breath. I had nothing going on,” he recalled.
Alone and unable to breathe, he ran next door and rang Karen Aranda’s doorbell.
“He’s always laughing, but when I saw that look in his eyes I knew something was wrong,” Aranda said.
- Mayor praises peaceful protest in Piqua
- Lily’s Bistro gives back to protesters after window busted in Saturday night protests
- Owners of Ohio bakery arm themselves with guns as violent protesters try to get inside
- Second day of protests turn violent in Las Vegas, police arrest 103 people, 11 officers injured
- People in Youngstown gather against police brutality, racial injustice