(CNN) – Whether you like it or not, the holiday shopping season is upon us, according to a new report from the National Retail Federation.
The report found that 40 percent of consumers like to start holiday shopping before Halloween. Even more shocking is that some “early bird” shoppers start in September.
Experts say people like to spread out their shopping to help ease the burden on their wallets. The NRF also found shoppers are spending more money on gifts as well.
Holiday sales for 2019 are expected to increase by four percent, totaling more than $700 billion.
- California man first Black astronaut to join extended mission on space station
- Dog-sized lizards spreading in southeastern US
- LIVE: White House Christmas Tree arrival kicks off holiday traditions in DC
- VIDEO: Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office looking for person of interest
- Dayton closes city buildings to the public Monday