CAMDEN COUNTY, N.C. (WAVY) — When a box showed up on a North Carolina lawn in late January, the person who called it in thought it contained two puppies snuggling in blankets.
But on closer inspection, the Camden deputies who responded discovered these were no puppies — they were bear cubs!
Camden County Sheriff Kevin Jones says the cubs were found on January 28 at the home in the 300 block of North River Road in Camden.
It’s still unclear who left the box, and how the cubs got separated from their mom, but Jones says the cubs were taken to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro by the North Carolina National Wildlife Resources Commission.
The zoo hasn’t shared any updates on the bears at this time, but we’ll be sure to check in on the cubs to see how they’re doing.
- JC Penney closing 154 stores in first post-bankruptcy phase
- Middletown shooting suspect taken into custody
- Google to give workers $1K to set up home office
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice