(CNN) – Well, if you didn’t jump on the Popeyes chicken sandwich craze — you’re too late. They are officially sold out, for now.
The company released a statement on Tuesday that “extraordinary demand” for the sandwich led the company to be sold out in just two weeks since its nationwide debut on August 12.
Popeyes projected inventory would last till the end of September.
But the craze, fueled by social media, caused demand to exceed supply.
Don’t worry, the chicken sandwiches aren’t gone forever.
Popeyes says they plan to bring them back “as soon as possible.”
If you want a heads up when they will be back, download the Popeyes app and sign up for push notifications.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Snow will make a messy commute Monday
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Three men found dead in Youngstown home
- Holiday heroes in Harrison Township helping tornado victims at annual tree lighting
- Coalition of Ohio motorcycle clubs donates thousands of dollars of toys to foster children in the Miami Valley