GROVETON, Texas (KLTV/KTRE/WDTN/CNN) – A Texas man missed his wedding because police say he robbed a bank to pay for his fiance’s wedding ring and the venue.
Surveillance photos shows Heath Bumpous walking into a Groveton, Texas bank and demanding money on Friday. Authorities say he then drove away from the bank and threw his clothes out of the window.
The Trinity County Sheriff’s Office posted about the robbery on Facebook and that’s when Bumpous’ fiance recognized him. She convinced Bumpous to turn himself in.
Bumpous told authorities he was supposed to get married the day after the bank robbery. He’s now facing an aggravated robbery charge.
- DeWine: Ohio colleges to test 3 percent of student population for COVID-19 weekly
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off
- How a Texas town is using poop to beat COVID-19 outbreaks
- ‘What a treasure the region really is’: There’s a lot to do in Ohio’s Appalachian region
- ‘The most frustrating experience of my life,’ says finder of Forrest Fenn’s hidden treasure