(CNN) – The car featured in one of the most famous movie car chases ever is hitting the auction block.
It’s a green Ford Mustang GT, driven by Steve McQueen in the 1968 movie, ‘Bullitt.’
The Mustang is considered by some to be the ‘holy grail’ of movie cars and will likely command a heavenly price tag.
The most money ever paid for a Mustang at auction was 2.2 million dollars, in 2019.
The Bullitt car is predicted to sell well above that with some estimates putting it between $3 and $4 million.
Not too bad for a car that, for much of its life, served as a New Jersey family’s daily driver, ferrying kids to school, and picking up groceries.
The auction is Friday night in Kissimmee, Florida.
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run