NC parents intentionally broke infant’s bones, warrants say

U.S. & World
Sabra Blevins Dustin Mullinax_1540997545908.jpg_60793700_ver1.0_640_360_1541067968883.jpg_60880169_ver1.0_640_360_1541068662688.jpg_60883713_ver1.0_640_360_1541083567461.jpg.jpg

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A Raleigh man and woman are accused of intentionally breaking their infant’s bones over the course of a couple months earlier in the year, warrants say. 

Sabra Leane Blevins, 30, and Dustin Richard Mullinax, 26, both of Raleigh, were arrested Tuesday after police said they abused their infant.

Warrants state the child suffered multiple broken bones at the hands of their parents. Mullinax is also accused of cutting the baby’s tongue.

The abuse is said to have occurred between February and April. Court documents say the child was under 2 months old when the abuse began. 

Blevins and Mullinax were each being held under in the Wake County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.

In court Wednesday, a Wake County judge increased both Blevins and Mullinax’s bond to $500,000. 

A prosecutor said the infant suffered more than 15 fractures – including injuries to the head, ribs and right arm.

The child’s tongue was cut halfway through.

Blevins is scheduled appear in court again Nov. 20. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

9-4 donate dayton strong

Tragedy in Dayton Stories

More Oregon District Shooting

Latest Video on WDTN.com

More Latest Video

Only on WDTN.com | Phil Wiedenheft

More profile-65422

Trending Stories

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS