HONOLULU (WDTN) – A suspect and two civilian workers are dead after a shooting incident at the Pearl Harbor Navy Shipyard.
The report came in around 2:30 pm local time.
The shooter, who officials are tentatively identifying as a U.S. Sailor, shot three Department of Defense civilian workers before killing himself. Two of those workers have since died, while the third is in stable condition at a nearby hospital.
The attack took place at the shipyard’s Dry Dock 2.
The base was temporarily placed on lockdown but that has since been lifted.
Base security and Navy investigative services are currently investigating.
The names of the victims and the shooter have not yet been released, pending notification of next of kin.
- Bellbrook women’s soccer team climbs thousands of stairs to raise money
- Dayton woman awarded $500k grant to restore historic YWCA building in West Dayton
- SWAT called after wanted suspect found in Dayton
- Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: 64,214 cases, 3,036 deaths
- FAA investigating plane crash in Green Township