HONOLULU (WDTN) – A suspect and two civilian workers are dead after a shooting incident at the Pearl Harbor Navy Shipyard.
The report came in around 2:30 pm local time.
The shooter, who officials are tentatively identifying as a U.S. Sailor, shot three Department of Defense civilian workers before killing himself. Two of those workers have since died, while the third is in stable condition at a nearby hospital.
The attack took place at the shipyard’s Dry Dock 2.
The base was temporarily placed on lockdown but that has since been lifted.
Base security and Navy investigative services are currently investigating.
The names of the victims and the shooter have not yet been released, pending notification of next of kin.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Bouncer discusses life four months after Oregon District shooting
- Police investigating after armed robbery at Dayton Family Dollar
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump