(CNN) – First responders deserve our gratitude now more than ever as we deal with the coronavirus pandemic. Toy company Mattel is expressing its gratitude with its new initiative, the #ThankYouHeroes program.
For every eligible career Barbie doll or play set, the company will donate a doll to the First Responders Children’s Foundation. The program will benefit children of first responders fighting COVID-19.
Career Barbie dolls show Barbie in her role as a career professional in various fields.
The program applies to purchases from barbie.mattel.com and participating retailers from May 14 through May 17.
It is part of Mattel’s “Play it Forward” platform, focused on giving back to communities in times of need.
- Texas mom’s wired conversation with teen son helps police charge him in homicide
- Rooster with knife kills owner during banned cockfight
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Police: Middletown mother confesses to killing 6-year-old son, shows little remorse
- School district pulls Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day citing ‘racial undertones’