PENOBSCOT COUNTY, Maine (WDTN/CNN) – A mom in Maine is accused of causing her 1-year-old daughter’s death by rubbing heroin on her gums as a sleep aid.
Court documents say the mother, Kimberly Nelligan, allegedly did the same thing with her two older children in the past.
Nelligan was arrested Tuesday, nearly a year after her daughter was found dead in her home. Nelligan pleaded not guilty to child endangerment and drug possession charges. She’s out on bail.
Police say Nelligan initially denied ever using heroin and then later admitted to using it weekly. Coroners say her daughter died from acute fentanyl intoxication, which could mean the heroin was laced.
Nelligan will next be in court Nov. 12.
- Hayward Middle School temporarily moves to virtual learning after positive case COVID-19
- Senator Brown, Mayor Whaley provide Democratic response to president’s speech in Vandalia
- ELECTION UPDATE: It’s National Voter Registration Day, over 96,000 Miami/Montgomery County residents already applied for absentee ballot
- K-9 finds missing child who was lost in the woods, crying
- Vote America makes push on Nat’l Voter Registration Day