(CNN) – Lyft is launching a new initiative that gives riders free or discounted rides to job interviews, and for the first three weeks of employment.
The ride share company says the ‘Jobs Access Program’ aims to close the short-term transportation gap for job access and training in low-income communities.
In its program announcement, it said:
“For the unemployed, reliable transportation to a job interview or to the first few weeks of work can mean the difference between successful, long-term employment and lost opportunities.”
Lyft is partnering with national and local organizations including the United Way and National Down Syndrome Society to offer it to those in need.
The program will be available in more than 35 markets in the U.S. and Canada.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Bouncer discusses life four months after Oregon District shooting
- Police investigating after armed robbery at Dayton Family Dollar
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- House Democrats unveil articles of impeachment against Trump