CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) — NBA legend Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, were among those killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas on Sunday, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Reports say they were on board with at least three other people at the time the private helicopter went down.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department say there were no survivors.
Emergency crews responded after a helicopter crashed and sparked a small brush fire Sunday in Southern California, authorities said.
The crash occurred in Calabasas, said Art Marrujo, a dispatch supervisor with the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
He didn’t know how many people were on board or if there were any injuries.
Firefighters worked to douse flames that spread through about an acre (.40 hectares) of dry brush, Marrujo said.
Calabasas is a city of 23,000 people about 30 miles (48 kilometers) northwest of downtown Los Angeles.
- Ohio unemployment numbers raise another 200,000
- CarMax to furlough more than 15,000 associates
- Georgia bar owner removes $3,714 worth of bills stapled to the walls to give to unemployed staff
- Record 16.8 million have sought US jobless aid since virus crisis began
- Dayton health centers get $1.7M in coronavirus relief grants