(CNN) – A little boy who was stuck in the Bahamas when Hurricane Dorian hit went back to school Monday to a warm welcome and big hugs from his friends.
Clearly, they missed 3-year-old Makai Simmons while he was gone.
The little boy and his mom, Capron, were visiting family in the Bahamas when the storm hit. They rode it out at her grandparents’ house.
Then on Friday, after waiting 13 hours in line, Capron and Makai were able to get on a cruise ship back to the United States.
- Kansas crossing guard killed by driver hailed as hero for saving students
- Washington state woman accused of drugging newborn’s mom, plotting to steal baby pleads not guilty
- Passengers begin leaving after ship’s virus quarantine ends
- Ex-Gov. Blagojevich returns to Chicago, maintains innocence
- Firefighter killed, one unaccounted for, in California library fire