(WLEX) Kentucky has a worldwide reputation for bourbon, but Sean and Tia Edwards are hoping to bring a new spin to the famous industry.
The Lexington couple are one of the first African-American bourbon distillery owners in Kentucky.
“As we went through the process we found out there were no African American distilleries in the state of Kentucky. There had been no African Americans producing bourbon that weren’t slaves,” says Sean Edwards.
Their company is called Fresh Bourbon Distilling Co., and they plan to build a multimillion-dollar distillery in Lexington.
They have already begun producing their bourbon in Paris, Kentucky, until they can start distilling in their Lexington location.
- El Meson temporarily shuts down as state unemployment numbers rise
- Community supports local hospitals with food donations
- Dems call on Trump administration to open ACA enrollment
- Tipp City PD brings smiles to kids with ‘Books and Badges’
- New Carlisle man describes living in Italy through coronavirus pandemic