(WLEX) Kentucky has a worldwide reputation for bourbon, but Sean and Tia Edwards are hoping to bring a new spin to the famous industry.
The Lexington couple are one of the first African-American bourbon distillery owners in Kentucky.
“As we went through the process we found out there were no African American distilleries in the state of Kentucky. There had been no African Americans producing bourbon that weren’t slaves,” says Sean Edwards.
Their company is called Fresh Bourbon Distilling Co., and they plan to build a multimillion-dollar distillery in Lexington.
They have already begun producing their bourbon in Paris, Kentucky, until they can start distilling in their Lexington location.
- Employees safely evacuated after fire at business on Needmore Avenue
- 1 hospitalized after car flips over on US-35 near South Smithville Road
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- Man found unresponsive, injured on side of road in Harrison Township
- 2 women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store in Tennessee