JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, the Herington Police Chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.
Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”
“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said.
The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the officer was with the department for two months.
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say
- Body of missing hip-hop artist found in car trunk after crash in Florida
- ‘This Is Us’ returns tonight
- Woman accused of impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case